Electramed Ltd. operates as a marketing and distribution company in the field of medical and pharmaceutical products, and was established in 1972 by Eddie & Marie O’Grady, a qualified pharmacist. At start up, the core business activity involved selling tablet counting machines to retail and hospital pharmacies. This soon diversified into other consumer and medical products, firstly to the pharmacy sector, and later to hospitals and health boards.
During the 1980s, Electramed’s business was equally divided between the sales of prescription medicines, and supply of medical goods and equipment to Ireland’s hospitals. In the mid 1990s Electramed successfully entered into the marketing and distribution of over the counter medicines, herbal remedies, and medical publications to retail pharmacies.
Today the company operates in two distinct markets; hospital business accounts for approximately 60% of company turnover, and the retail pharmacy sales make up the remaining 40%. Customers include: retail pharmacists; pharmaceutical manufacturers; hospitals; general practitioners; health boards; architects & building contractors.
Geographically, Electramed operates on the island of Ireland and, with certain products, in the UK.
|Medical Hospital Products||Pharmacy OTC Products|
|CIS Bio International||Arkopharma|
|Diagnostic and therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals, radioimmunoassays||Herbal Medicines and Supplements|
|Veenstra Instruments||Family Doctor Publications|
|Nuclear Medicine Installations and Accessories||Medical Publications|
|Wardray Premise Ltd.|
|Structural and Personnel X-RAY Protection & Accessories|
|AV Impulse System|
|AV Impulse System / Mechanical Prophylaxis of DVT|
|Kirby Lester Inc|
|Tablet Counting Machines|
|Philipp Kirsch Gmbh|
|Pharmaceutical, Blood Bank & Laboratory Refrigeration|
|Interventional Radiology Drainage Products|
|External & Internal Fixation for Orthopaedics / Trauma|
|Specialist vision panels|