The FITBONE® TAA intramedullary lengthening system is intended for limb lengthening of the femur and tibia. With appropriate preoperative planning, it is possible to make axial and torsional corrections as part of limb lengthening.
Benefits to Surgeon
- Cutting-edge German engineering.
- Several thousand devices implanted since 1997.
- No over-reaming necessary.
- Accurate and controlled limb lengthening achieved with threefold visual and audible control feedback.
- There is no interference with magnetic instruments or devices.
- Accidental retraction is not possible.
Benefits to Patient
- Comfortable lengthening process facilitated with the small, lightweight and silent Control Set.
- Reliable feedback from the system throughout the lengthening process.
- A small, light-weight Control Set.
- Quick reintegration into daily routines.
- High treatment comfort.
- Short hospitalization.
- Minimal risk of infection.
- High product safety.
- Little scarring.